Here are some of mine:
1. My sister and I dyed eggs for daddy to hide in our yard. Plastic eggs had not been invented. One year we received baby chicks dyed pink and green.
2. As a preteen I wore a yellow and white polka-dot dress with a matching yellow coat, the outfit sewn by mother.
3. As an adult with young children of my own, we often stood on the shore of Lake Murray in Irmo, SC for sunrise services. It was usually freezing cold so we huddled together and wrapped up in blankets.
4. Later that morning in our church yard, our family helped decorate a wooden cross with fresh flowers. The final result was always stunning.
5. And then there was the year as grandparents when we joined our daughter, son-in-law, and grandson for a sunrise service in the belly of a C5, an enormous transport plane parked at Travis Air Force Base. Cold winds blew through the plane that was open at both ends, but when the Chaplain spoke of our Lord's resurrection sunlight washed over us.
6. This Easter we have two grandsons and our family is spending time together. Making more Easter memories. God has blessed us indeed.